Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Mole Episode 19



 *There is a poll at the bottom of this page, under the episode. Make sure to take a look at it. :D*


   Day 26 
(after the Execution)

Nwa: "Wow... this feels so cold and empty now. Guess I have the room to myself!"

*        *         *

Day 27

Lyla: "Yeah, I'm guessing during the Finale, everyone's going to be there. That includes Rosina. Great."

Calphurnia: "Aw, that sucks! I don't really want to see her... or Cameron. I really want to see Remy again, I've missed him. And John and Peanut were great people, and we just saw Nocturne and Chasity..."

 Calphurnia: "How do you think they're going to reveal the Mole? We're in the first season, after all, so I don't really know what's going to happen!!"

Lyla: "Honestly, I have no idea. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! It's definitely going to be nerve-racking, including the final quiz."

Nwa: "Good morning, ladies."

Calphurnia: "Hey Nwa! I'm surprised you didn't join us last night- isn't it scary sleeping in a room alone?!"
Nwa: "Haha, no, I was fine. Just sad that both of my coalition partners were executed in a row, but I guess they had to go if I wanted any chance at making it to the end."

Calphurnia: "Oh, I see... you must be very brave! And I know what you mean... well, not really, but I can imagine how you must feel."

Nwa: "Yeah... thanks. So anyway- are you two getting ready for the next mission?"

Lyla: "Yeah, I think we're both ready. We should get going so we're not late."
Nwa: "Sounds good. Let's go."


 *          *           *


 Grey: "Greetings, contestants!!"

Grey: "Woah, this is very weird. There used to be so many of you, now, there's only 12!! They grow up so fast, don't they? Wait... what did I just say?! Ignore me, I'm having a blonde moment- and it's a good thing none of you are blonde, haha, that would be... awkward."
Calphurnia: "This is already awkward."
Lyla: "Yeah... just get on with the mission."

Grey: "Oops!! Sorry, sorry. Okay, so, this mission is called, "The Mole's Secret Hideout". Your objective: to break into the hideout. Mind you, the Mole will do everything they can to prevent the group from getting in... and as usual, they will do this as subtly- or unconvincingly- as possible.
If you can get it successfully, then you will earn 60 points into the pot. However, if you can't do it within your time limit, which is one hour, then no points will be added into the pot. So yes, this is an all-or-nothing mission."

Grey: "Annnndddd... I am late for a very important date! So if you'll excuse me... I got to go!"

Grey: "Good luck! And yes, that is all the information I am going to give you. Bye!"

Nwa: "Well... this should be fun. Is the Mole's secret little HQ up high in a tree or something? How adorable."
Calphurnia: "Don't make fun of the Mole! How rude!"
Lyla: "You do realize that the Mole doesn't actually use this "secret hideout", right? It's just a prop for the mission."
Calphurnia: *whistles* "I knew that...."

Nwa: "Then let's get going and find it!"
Lyla: "Yeah... we have just under an hour."
Calphurnia: "Oh boy! 60 points?! That's 60 grand right there! We have to do this mission right!"

Nwa: "Hm... nothing really note-worthy over here..."

Lyla: "Don't see anything out of the norm here..."

Calphurnia: "Such beautiful scenery! I could stay here forever!!"


Lyla: *gasp*

Lyla: "Oh... how convenient. Of course. Mole. Little creature that lives in the ground. Should have figured that out. NWA!! CALLIE!!"

Nwa: "What, did you find something?"
Lyla: "Yeah, looks like it leads to an entrance underground."
Calphurnia: "Okay, let's go! Bit creepy, though..."





Calphurnia: "Do you think this is it? How do we know if we have completed the mission?"
Lyla: "I doubt it's over yet... that would be too easy. Only took us 5 minutes to get down here."

Nwa: "Ooh! It's dark down here!"

Nwa: "... I spoke too soon."


 Lyla: "Hm... I'm guessing this is going to be one big puzzle."
Calphurnia: "Yeah, it looks like we're going to need everything in this room... the door handle has a lock."


Lyla: "Okay, so all we need to do is enter the 4-digit code?"
Calphurnia: "I guess so... what does that say?"

Nwa: "What? That little picture of the house? It says, "Tuebor", and under that, "I will defend". Why?"

Calphurnia: "Just seeing if it provided us any numbers for this lock... guess not. Then we must use the other stuff in this room to help us."
Nwa: "Yeah, I guess the Mole thinks this is their home! They sure are defending it well... we have to solve a whole code just to get in!"

Lyla: "I know! No one has any dynamite so we can just blow this door up?" 
Nwa: "Sadly, no... if I had any dynamite, I wouldn't waste it on the door- I'd just blow up the Mole themself!!"
Calphurnia: "HA!!"

Lyla: "So... we need to use all of these to help us figure out the code?"

Calphurnia: "I guess so... and we have just under an hour to do so."

Nwa: "Then let's get to it!"


 (NOTE: The following two pictures are the real pictures used for this mission. So, just know that these are the actual photos that the players in real life- and the sims in this episode- used and are referring to. I just didn't want to edit every picture that has the globe in the painting, or the obscure, blue-ish painting, with the two images below.
The RL mission begins on this page if you missed the start of it:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/2580/428536.page)


 Nwa: "Okay, the sign right here says:

Starting point: Greenwich Mean Time (12:00) (Midnight)


(I) Location #1: Hawaii. 0 ? : 0 0 AM/PM.

(II) Location #2: Madagascar. 0 ? : 0 0 AM/PM. 
"

Lyla: "This sign says this:

(III)
Which of the following quotes has NOT been in TurnerSims3’s siggy within the past SIX months? 


And then there are four pictures here, and they all have a quote:

A. “When people tell me 'plz' just because it's shorter than 'please', I feel perfectly justified to answer 'No' because it's shorter than 'Yes'."

B. "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

C. “Anyone who says sun brings happiness has never danced in the rain.”

D. "Why is it that, as a society, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns rather than holding hands?" 
"


Lyla: "Who the hell is "TurnerSims3?!"
Calphurnia: "Pretty famous blogger in the US."
Lyla: "Really?"
Calphurnia: "Yeah, nearly half of the fricken population reads his blogs. You'd have to read them to understand that question..."
Lyla: "Oh... alrighty then. You can solve that one."

Calphurnia: "And this says:
(IV)
Which of the following animals can you see within the image below? (only one of these animals is shown)

Fish (4)
Bird (9)
Penguin (1)
Snake (6)


*20 minutes later*
Nwa: "Any luck?"
Calphurnia: "I got the multiple choice question down to two answers... but I still don't understand how they translate to numbers."
Lyla: "This is starting to make some sense. Just wish I knew exactly where the GMT zone was... maybe it's the slot with the "+0"?"
Nwa: "You guys sound like you're getting somewhere... this animal one isn't making sense at all."

*15 minutes later*




Calphurnia: "Hey! Come look!"

Calphurnia: "I think I figured this one out. If you look here, what Lyla said earlier was right- the GMT zone is on the "+0" mark. Numeral number 1- that means number 1 on the code, I think. But it says Hawaii... Hawaii is all the way to the left, under the "-10". If it's midnight at GMT zone, then minus 10 is 2:00 PM. The first number in the code is 2!!"

Nwa: "So does that mean... Madagascar is next to Africa, in the slot of  "+3". 12 plus 3 is 15, but that would be 3:00 AM!! Good job Cal, I think you're right!! The first two digits are 2 and 3!!"

Lyla: "You think that's right? It makes sense."
Calphurnia: "Well, if it's right, then that means we're halfway done!!"

Nwa: "Okay, let's ignore this one for now, and work on the other two. I feel like our time is running out."
 
*5 minutes later*

Nwa: "Oh, of course! It's a magic eye picture!! The image concealed within it is supposed to become 3D and pop up from the rest of the picture! I can't believe I didn't realize that before!"

Nwa: "Hm... I've done these a few times before... you're supposed to look straight in the middle up close, and slowly, slowly move away.... there we go... what is that?! Definitely not a snake, that's for sure..."

Lyla: "AHHHHHHHH!!!"

Lyla: "I don't get this!! Cal, you say it's the 2nd or 3rd one? Those are B and C..."

"Hm... maybe the letters convert to what number they are in within the Alphabet? Meaning A is 1, B is 2, C is 3, etc... if B or C is the answer, that means either 2 or 3. That's the only way it would make sense, but I could be wrong."

Nwa: "Good thinking!"
Calphurnia: "Yeah, you may be right on that. And I know it's either B or C, I just can't decide which..."
Lyla: "Yeah, well, we probably only have one chance at opening the door, I don't imagine they'd let us try to lock in more than one code for a guess."

Speaker: "YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES."
Nwa: "Oh! We only have 5 minutes! We need to hurry and unlock the door- we still don't actually know if the Mole's hideout is behind the door... there could be even more mission left!!"

Lyla: "Crap!! Okay... did anyone get anything off of the animal one?"
Nwa: "Yes, I just figured it out... it looks like some kind of big bird soaring in the air? That's what I saw... so bird is 9, and the numeral for that one is IV, meaning 4. That means the last digit is 9!"

Lyla: "Okay, good job. That means our current code is 23_9."
Calphurnia: "Ugh... okay, this is partially on me now. I don't know... I'm going to have to go with... gah. C?! It's our best shot. The third digit to the code must be 3."

Nwa: "Let's lock it in, then!!"


[NOTE: Remember, the RL players in this game competed in this exact same mission. The code that these sims use is the actual code the real life players used... you have all the information they had, so you could have figured out the code yourself... and if you did, did you get the same answer as them? ;) ]

Nwa: "Ready? 2339, 2339, 2339..."

CODE LOCKED IN: 2339
 


Everyone: "Aww...."

Everyone: "What?!"

Nwa: "WE DID IT!!"
Lyla: "WOO-HOO!!!"
Calphurnia: "OH YEAH!!"
*Everyone high-fives each other*


Nwa: "Hm... interesting little place."

Calphurnia: "Doesn't seem very comfortable... it's so small... though, of course, this isn't real... Production set this up...... right?" .__. 

Lyla: "And it's so cold down here too!"






Calphurnia: "Ohh!! They shut the door on us!"

Lyla: "Something's wrong then. We got in, so we should get the 60 points, right? What's holding them up? Should we just leave and go back up the stairs?"
Nwa: "I think there's something in here... why wouldn't they just have the speaker lady just tell us to leave? No, they're letting us stay in here for awhile to search for clues."

Calphurnia: "Well, this person certainly likes lakes and water! They have paintings everywhere in here, even on the desk!"
Nwa: "Then there's some yellow flowers in a vase, some utensils, a mug, some magazines, and paper and pens.... no, I don't think any of those could be clues. There must be something on the computer- it appears to be on."

Lyla: "Okay, here, let me see..."
*clicks*
"Okay, it is on. There's nothing really on here... just 4 blank boxes and one that says "Hide all". If I click it, nothing happens."

Nwa: "Dang. There must be something else..."


Nwa: "Hm...."


Lyla: "What a small little bathroom! And there's not even a shower!"

Calphurnia: "There's something out of place and suspicious about this book case... isn't there always some kind of secret door behind the book case?"

 Lyla: "Let's see... lets slide it over here."





Calphurnia: "Hm..."

Lyla: "Cal, I don't think there's anything here. Nwa, if you didn't find anything, let's just get out of here before anything happens... we have our 60 points, so let's take it and run! The longer we stay here, the more likely they're going to do something."
Nwa: "Yeah, I agree. Let's go. It's a shame nothing was-"

Lyla & Nwa: "Oh."
Calphurnia: "Tada!!!"

Lyla: "Well, let's open this thing!"





Lyla: "Wow... it looks so cool in here! There's not much room, but we can fit."




Calphurnia: "It reads:
For the one who is unsure of the Mole's identity, this is for you. It is called, 'The Mole's Dossier'- it may or may not provide information that leads to the identity of the Mole. The files and documents in it do contain hints, but can only be deciphered by those who are smart and intelligent.
Only one person is allowed to take it- and they are the ONLY one to look at it. However, with great rewards comes great dangers- BEWARE: the Mole has been hard at work creating something deadly, and it is now inside Fluffy's box-"

 Calphurnia: "Fluffy's box?"
Nwa: "Must be through that glass door..."


Lyla: "I wonder what it is? It says that the Mole was making it... just read on and see what it means."
Calphurnia: "Alright...
If anyone decides to take the Mole's Dossier, a great obstacle awaits all of you... it's power and difficultly unknown. And, if you fail to overcome this new challenge... the power within Fluffy's box will succumb all. It's your choice. Take it, or leave it. "

Nwa: "Well... that's a lot to take in!"
Calphurnia: "Maybe we shouldn't have opened it..."
Lyla: " 'We'?! You're the one who opened it!! We only helped."

Nwa: "Ugh!!! I'm torn. I really need this Dossier about the Mole, but I'm not sure if it will be worth it."
Calphurnia: "Well... if you guys are considering taking it, then I'll take it. I'm the one who found it, so I should be the one to have it."

Lyla: "I, for one, am not going to take it. It's too risky. I'd love to take it, but we have no idea what things might await..."

Nwa: "I guess that just leaves it between you and I."

Calphurnia: "I don't really think it's a contest. Like I said, if anyone gets it, it should be me."

Nwa: "Hm... fine. Then if I don't get it, that means you won't get it, either. Because, you're right. If one of us had to take it, it would be you, but no one is going to take it, so problem solved."

Nwa: "Now let's get the hell out of here so that we can-"
Speaker: "BOMB ACTIVATED. YOU HAVE 10 MINUTES TILL BOMB EXPLODES. ANYWHERE 3 YARDS AWAY FROM THE DOOR WILL BE EXPLOSION TERRITORY. IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLETE THIS EXTRA CHALLENGE, AND THE BOMB, DOES IN FACT, GO OFF, ALL 60 POINTS EARNED SO FAR WILL BE FOR-FITTED. BYE-BYE. HAVE A NICE DAY."

Calphurnia: "Oops... did I do that? Sorry guys... had to."

(This means, the creator of Calphurnia, which is Jojo, has decided to take the Mole's Dossier. On the thread, hidden in white text, I said in one of my posts, "First person to post, "I LOVE MUFFIN-TOPS" in large font will have a chance at earning the Mole's Dossier. Jojo completed this task, and I emailed her if she wanted to take it. She took it, fully aware that it would lead to another obstacle for the final 3. The obstacle in this episode is what the players in real life had to complete in 2 days.)

Nwa: "You are a complete idiot."
Lyla: "CALLIE! HOW COULD YOU!?"
Calphurnia: "I'm sorry! I need it for the final Mole Quiz! Now stop criticizing and lets get this done and over with!" 
Nwa: "Wait... Cal. Get out of there. NOW! Before it closes on you!!"


Calphurnia: "DID I MAKE IT?! DID IT CLOSE?!!?!"
Lyla: "Yes. And no."

Calphurnia: "Well that was melodramatic."

Nwa: "Okay, let's go!"

Nwa: "Aw... no. It's locked. And it has the same handle as the other one..."

Lyla: "It reads...
In order to get the next 4-digit code, you must use the first one.

Multiply digits 1 and 3, then add the quotient of digits 2 and 4, to get number one. Then, divide 2957052 by 985684, and using that number, find the next two PRIME numbers after it, and add those two numbers together. With that number, flip the digits around, and the first digit now will be number 2, while the second digit now will be number 4. The very last digit to solve this mathematical puzzle, is found if you add every digit you know currently, times that by 552, take the square root of that number, and round it (down). This should leave you with a 3 digit number- add those together, and that’s your final number!
"


Nwa: "Are you serious?!"
Calphurnia: "There's no way we're going to solve that in 9 minutes."

Nwa: "Well, we got to try!"

Nwa: "It's a good thing there's some paper and some pens!! Can someone read it again to me, but slowly?"

Calphurnia: "Yep."

*5 minutes later*
Calphurnia: "Once you get that, add all the numbers you know currently-"
Lyla: "Which probably means all 7 of them... let's see- 2 plus 3, add that to that..............29!"

Calphurnia: "Okay, 29 times 522, get the square root of that, add them together, and that's the final number!"

Lyla: "Did you get that? So you need to get the square root of that... that means-"
Nwa: "Can you guys stop breathing down my neck!! I got it, just let me work on it!!"

Nwa: "THANK YOU!"

Lyla: "I've never seen Nwa like this before! I know he gets more serious when it comes to missions, but... this?! Yelling?! That's not him."

Calphurnia: "I agree. This is definitely a first- he's starting to lose his focus. I think we all are. 27 days in this craziness can make the best of people go mad. I'm starting to lose it too- it's just so stressful!"

Lyla: "I guess you're right... now, all we can do is sit back and hope he can figure this out."
Speaker: "ONE MINUTE UNTIL EXPLOSION."
Nwa: "I GOT IT!!"


Nwa: "The code is 9261. It's got to be."
Lyla: "Let's put it in then! We have literally less than a minute!!!"


CODE LOCKED IN: 9261

Nwa: "Come on, come on!!"
Calphurnia: "If we get it wrong... will the explosion burn us at all?"

Everyone: "YES!!"

Nwa: "RUN!!!!"













Calphurnia: "Um, OW!!"
Lyla: "HOLY F***!!!"
Nwa: "That could have killed us!!"

Calphurnia: *pats self down* "You know, I don't think that was from the explosion- you see up there? Those big air vents? They must have blasted us with a huge quantity of wind the second the bomb went off."

Nwa: "Oh, okay. I see. They closed the door too... wonder what would have happened if we stayed inside? We probably would have felt the heat, but it said if you were near the door then you'd be safe..."

Lyla: "Well then! That was an intense mission- I hope it was worth that Dossier, Calphurnia! Let's go back up... I can't even breathe down here anymore."



Grey: "Contestants!! Welcome back to fresh air! And if you insist, my date was... more than fantastic. So great, in fact, that I may just let them be the host next season!! I do love my job, though, I get to meet such great people like yourselves..."
Lyla: "Dude. We almost just got exploded to bits in there. Anything you want to say to US?!"
Nwa: "Yeah... did we complete it or not?"

Grey: "Oh, gosh, pardon me, where are my manners? Yes, yes, YOU people... um... well, you did good, for starters. Kicked some ass. Let's see... apparently, you got the first code right. Nice job. And despite being faced again with another difficult 4-digit code, you got that right too. So, all 60 points will be added into the pot, which makes the pot 408 out of the full 700. I'm going to round up the pot 2 points to make it simpler- the final pot is now at 410.
Also, our young Ms. Sheldon here has earned the Mole's Dossier!!"

Calphurnia: "Yay me!"

Grey: "Excellent job, final 3. And before you go... I must remind you that the final quiz will be tomorrow night. Once everyone has finished the quiz, we will go right on to the Finale where everyone will re-unite, and the winner and the Mole will finally be revealed. Enjoy your last evening here on this show tonight."


 *        *        *

FINAL POT:
                             410/700 Points



(The winner of this season will receive all 410 sim points... and the Mole will receive the left-overs; which is 290. :D)(Pot may change based on previous quiz results)



POLL!!! 
I ask that everyone reading this to please vote in this poll... whether you are a past contestant, current contestant, or just a reader, PLEASE VOTE!! You are only allowed to vote once, so please really consider who you think the Mole is... even if you have no clue whatsoever, make an educated guess!! :D
Who do YOU think is, the Mole?!
Calphurnia Sheldon
Lyla Riggins
Nwa Canitia




pollcode.com free polls 
(Results hidden so that they will not influence the outcome of the final quizzes... results of this poll WILL be revealed during the Finale.)

1 comment: